Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I LOVE FALL

Yesterday was the first day of fall. I love this time of year. Not that we really have "seasons" in Texas, but at least it isn't 100 degrees anymore. We can actually go outside and play and run around and it is enjoyable. I am not sure at what point in my life I started to hate the heat because when I was a little girl, I was outside 12 hours a day during the summer and it didn't phase me one bit. I was even that way in college. I could go to those all day music festivals and not even think twice about sitting in the sun for hours, until the next day when I was bright red and had blisters all over...that is when I thought about it. Maybe it was the alcohol that made me think I was okay, who knows.

Fall to me also means football. I love football. I get all giddy when we get a K-State game on TV. (And yes, even though the Chiefs are sucking it up big time this year, I still pay attention to them.) The Alumni club in Dallas-Ft. Worth is pretty big so there are multiple watch parties going on. However, now that we have Andrew we don't go to those very much anymore. His attention span isn't quite where it needs to be yet to allow mom and dad to enjoy the game in public. At home we can at least occupy him with something long enough to get most of the game in, or we allow our friend TIVO to step in and take over things for awhile. TIVO was invented to parents. On the weekends, I proudly wear a K-State shirt wherever we go. I get some evil looks and someone always makes some comment about being in the wrong place, but deep down, I know where the root of their anger is coming from, so I take the high road and just ignore them.

GO STATE!

No comments: